Ingredienti per 10-12
• 50g [1/2 cup] plain flour
• 50g chilled butter, chopped
• 50g [1/2 cup, firmly packed] brown sugar
• 30g flaked almonds
• blueberries to decorate [1 to top each muffin]
• 300g (2 cups) self-raising flour
• 155g (3/4 cup) caster sugar
• 35g (1/3 cup) desiccated coconut
• 125g butter, melted
• 125ml (1/2 cup) buttermilk
• 2 eggs, lightly whisked
• 125g punnet blueberries
- Preparazione → 15 min
- Cottura → 25 min
- Difficoltà → Facile
1 Preheat oven to 180°C. Brush ten or twelve 150ml-capacity muffin pans with melted butter to lightly grease.
2 To make the crumble topping, place the flour in a bowl. Use your fingertips to rub the butter into the flour until the mixture resembles coarse breadcrumbs. Stir in the sugar and almonds. Set aside.
3 To make the muffin mix, combine the flour, sugar and coconut in a bowl. Add the butter, buttermilk and egg, and stir until combined. Stir in the blueberries.
4 Spoon the mixture evenly among the prepared pans. Lightly press a couple of blueberries in the centre of each and
cover with the crumble mixture.
5 Bake for 25 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centres comes out clean. Set aside in the pans for 15 minutes to cool slightly before turning onto a wire rack to cool completely.
6 Enjoy with a cup of tea or coffee!