Air fryer meatballs
2 tbsp olive oil
1 med shallot, minced (about 2 tbsp)
3 cloves of garlic, minced (about 1 tbsp)
1/4 cup panko crumbs
2 tbsp whole milk
2/3 lb lean ground beef
1/3 lb bulk turkey sausage (or buy turkey sausages and squeeze out of casing)
1 large egg, lightly beaten
1/4 cup finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
1 tbsp finely chopped fresh rosemary
1 tbsp finely chopped fresh thyme
1 tbsp dijon mustard
1/2 tsp kosher salt
1. Heat oil in a medium nonstick pan over med-high heat. Add shallot and cook until softened, 1 to 2 mins. Add garlic and cook just until fragrant, 1 min. Remove from heat.
2. In a large bowl combine panko and milk. Let stand 5 mins.
3. Add cooked shallot and garlic to panko mixture, along with remainder of ingredients. Stir gently to combine.
4. Gently shape mixture into 1 1/2 inch balls (to prevent the balls from getting over-worked as you form them, use the "claw method"; shape your hand into a claw shape and don't squeeze too hard when shaping). Place shaped balls in a single layer in air fryer basket (may need to do more than one batch). Cook the balls at 400F until lightly browned and cooked through, 10 to 11 mins.
5. Serve warm meatballs with toothpicks as an appetizer or serve over pasta or spiralled noodles for a main dish.
main courses October 17, 2022 16:05
No one has liked this recipe.