1 cup plain flour
1 cup rolled oats
1 cup coconut
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup caster sugar
grated rind of one lemon
1 tablespoon golden syrup
1 teaspoon bi-carb soda
1 tablespoon boiling water
Prep. Time → 20 min
Cook Time → 15 min
1. Put all the dry ingredients in a bowl with the grated rind.
2. Put the butter and golden syrup in a saucepan on a low heat until butter is melted.
3. Mix the boiling water and bi-carb soda in a cup.
4. Then mix all that in with the dry ingredients.
5. Roll into balls (approximately one teaspoon of mixture per ball).
6. Place on oven trays and flatten with a fork.
7. Cook at approximately 170 degrees for 10-15 minutes, or until golden.
8. Optional variations:
- Use half a cup of chopped nuts (walnuts or mixed nuts) in the dry ingredients for extra crunch.
- Use orange rind instead of lemon rind, or use a combination of orange and lemon rinds.
Author Glad Shute
No one has liked this recipe.