Apple turnovers recipe
3 apples: peeled, cored, and finely diced
1 zest of half of an orange
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 Tbsp unsalted butter
1 1/2 Tbsp all-purpose flour
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt
1 egg wash: (one egg beaten with a touch of water)
2 sheets of puff pastry, thawed
1 raw sugar for topping
1. 1. Preheat your oven to 400* Line (2) baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
2. 2.In a skillet pan over medium heat, add butter. stir till meleted. add apples; cook 7 mins, while adding orange zest over it and brown sugar.
3. 3.When 7 mins is up, add flour, cinnamon, salt, stir; and cook for 2 mins. Let cool for a bit when done.
4. 4.Take out puff pastry, and put on floured surface and roll out with rolling pin. Take knife cutter, and cut into 4 squares.
5. 5.take a small scoop of apple filling, and put in middle. Take egg wash, and brush the edges around.
6. 6.Take one and fold like a traingle; pinch the edges. Put on baking sheet; take fork, dip in flour, and crimp the edges.
7. 7.Take knife, and slit the middle. Brush the tops with egg wash, and sprinkle the tops with raw sugar.Put in oven 20 mins, till golden brown. Let cool 10 mins.
8. 8.*Optional* Drizzle caramel sauce in a piping bag over the turnovers if you fancy*
No one has liked this recipe.