1 large bunch of asparagus, washed and trimmed
2 cups uncooked Arborio rice
1 tbs butter
1 cup finely chopped white onion, about ½ onion
2 garlic cloves, minced
¾ white wine
4 cups broth
¼ cup heavy cream
½ cup grated parmesan
Salt and pepper to taste
White truffle oil to drizzle
Additional grated parmesan to serve
Prep. Time → 10-15 min
Cook Time → 40 min
1. Place the asparagus in boiling water and boil for 2-3 minutes
2. Drain and place in ice water to stop cooking and to help lock in the bright green color
3. Cut the asparagus into small pieces, save the tips separately.
4. Puree the asparagus pieces with ½ cup of water and strain the puree.
5. Warm the broth in a medium sized pan, keep it simmering as it needs to be warm when it is added to the rice.
6. In a pan heat the butter, then sauté the onions and garlic until soft.
7. Add the Arborio rice and stir until coated with butter.
8. Stir in the wine, cook until the wine is reduced.
9. Add 1 cup of the warm broth, stir regularly and cook until the broth has reduced.
10. Add another cup of broth and continue the same process until all the broth is used and the rice starts to get tender, about 20-25 minutes.
11. Add the asparagus puree and the cream, stir well and cook for another 3-5 minutes.
12. Add grated parmesan and asparagus tips, stir well.
13. Serve sprinkled with additional parmesan cheese and drizzled with the white truffle oil.
No one has liked this recipe.