3 Large Bananas
300g of Biscuits
60g of Butter
350ml of Double Cream
1 tbsp of Icing Sugar
100g of Dark Chocolate
400g of Caramel
Prep. Time → 100 min
Cook Time → 10 min
1. Melt the butter in a pan. Whilst the butter melts crush the oaty biscuits (using a blender would be perfect, otherwise a plastic bag and rolling pin would do the job nicely). Preheat the oven to 180C or gas mark 4. In a bowl mix the crushed biscuits with the butter.
2. Transfer the biscuit / butter mixture into a 20-25cm flat round tin and press into an even layer.
3. Place in the oven and allow to cook for 10 minutes. Check the mixture has lightly toasted, if it hasn't give it a couple more minutes. When you are happy take the base out the oven and let it cool. Once cool, carefully transfer the base to a plate.
4. Once the base is cool, pour on the caramel evenly and place in the refrigerator for approximately 1 hour.
5. Once chilled, slice the bananas and arrange them over the caramel.
6. Put the chocolate in the microwave to melt, and while it's melting whip the cream with the icing sugar until thick and spread over the bananas.
7. Finally, carefully pour the decorating chocolate over the dessert and serve.
desserts November 09, 2011 18:25