Black bean soyrizo soup
6 cans Black Beans (drained & rinsed & mashed)
4 cups Vegetable Broth
4 cups H2O
4 Carrots (petite diced)
1 large Onion (petite diced)
1/2 Green Pepper (petite diced)
2 or 3 fresh Jalapenos (seeded & minced) OR 1+ pinch Red Chili Flakes (to taste)
1 12oz package soyrizo (or comparable soy chorizo)
1/2 tsp Cumin
1/4 tsp Oregano
2 or 3 sprigs Fresh Cilantro (chopped fine)
1/2 tsp Black Pepper (fresh ground)
1+ tsp Salt (to taste)
Prep. Time → 15 min
Cook Time → 25 min
1. In at least a 6 quart stock pot, combine carrots, onion, soyrizo, green pepper, jalapenos, spices, broth, and H2O. Mix well.
2. Rinse black beans under hot water until warm. Place beans in large bowl and mash with masher.
3. Spoon mashed beans into stock pot and mix well.
4. Apply medium-high heat until mixture boils. Reduce heat and simmer for 7 minutes.
5. Let sit for 5 to 10 minutes, then salt to taste.
6. Serve with croutons, crusty bread, or crushed tortilla chips. Garnish with crumbled Queso Fresco, Cotija, or Parmesan cheese.
Author Original recipe developed from hybridizing multiple sources.
No one has liked this recipe.