Broccolini fish parcels with saffron pine nuts
150g English spinach leaves
1 lemon, sliced into rounds
75g celery stalk, thinly sliced
1/2 (75g) red onion cut into thin wedges
100g carrot, cut into thin matchsticks
150g tomato, chopped
150g broccolini, trimmed, halved
150g yellow squash, thinly sliced into rounds
4 x 150g barramundi fillets, skin on and pin boned
2 tablespoons dill
60g olive oil margarine
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 teaspoon saffron threads
40g pine nuts, toasted and chopped
Prep. Time → 30 min
Cook Time → 25 min
1. Preheat oven to 180o fan forced (200o ordinary).
2. Tear off four large pieces of foil and place on a work surface. Top each piece with a large piece of baking paper.
3. Place the spinach in the centre of the paper and foil wrappers. Top with lemon slices, then the celery, onion, carrot, tomato, broccolini and squash. Rest the barramundi fillets on top and season to taste with freshly ground black pepper.
4. To make the saffron spread, combine all the ingredients in a small bowl. Season to taste with freshly ground black pepper, then spread evenly over the barramundi.
5. Sprinkle over the dill, then fold in the ends of the paper and foil and wrap up tightly to form neat, airtight parcels. Carefully transfer the parcels to the baking tray in the oven and bake for 25 minutes or until the vegetables and fish are tender. Serve immediately.
Author CSIRO Low-carb every day p. 182, 2018
No one has liked this recipe.