Buffalo chicken soup with orzo
1/2 cup uncooked orzo pasta
2 tsp. olive oil
1/4 cup yellow onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
2 medium carrots, peeled, cut into half moons
2 tsp. ranch dressing seasoning mix
3 Tbs. fresh cilantro, divided
32 oz. chicken stock
2/3 cup Frank's Buffalo Wing Sauce
4 oz. cheddar cheese, grated
4 oz. parmesan cheese, grated
2 cups cooked chicken, cubed or shredded
1/4 cup green onions, chopped and divided
blue cheese crumbles for topping
Prep. Time → 10-15 min
Cook Time → 35 min
1. Cook orzo according to package directions until about half-way done. Drain and set aside.
2. Heat olive oil in a large Dutch oven. Saute yellow onion, garlic, and half of the green onions in the oil for 2-3 minutes until the onions are opaque and fragrant.
3. Add carrots, ranch seasoning, and 2 Tbs. of cilantro. Stir to combine and saute until the carrots begin to soften.
4. Add chicken broth, buffalo sauce, cheddar, parmesan, and shredded chicken. Stir to combine and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes, until carrots are tender but still have a slight bite (i.e. not soft and mushy).
5. Bring the soup to a boil, add the orzo and stir frequently until the orzo is al dente.
6. Serve with sliced green onions, additional cilantro, and blue cheese crumbles.
No one has liked this recipe.