1/3 Cup extra virgin olive oil
2 TBSP Parmesan cheese (I use fresh shredded but you could use powdered as well)
1 tsp dried parsley
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp dried oregano
1/4 tsp sea salt
1/4 tsp fresh ground black pepper
1/4 tsp dried thyme leaves
4 - 5 heaping cups of cubed white bread (I use sourdough)
Prep. Time → 5 min
Cook Time → 10 min
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees and line a sheet pan with non stick tin foil or a silicone mat.
2. In a large bowl, combine the olive oil, Parmesan cheese, parsley, garlic powder, oregano, salt, pepper and thyme.
3. Add the bread cubes to the bowl and toss to coat all of them with the mixture.
4. Spread the cubes into an even layer on the sheet pan making sure to get all of the coating from the bowl onto the cubes. Don't crowd the pan.
5. Bake for 5 minutes. Stir the cubes around and bake for another 5 - 7 minutes until golden brown and crisp.
6. * If you are using fresh bread the cubes may take a bit longer. If the bread is stale & dry, the cubes will brown faster so keep your eye on them.
7. * Store any unused croutons in a plastic bag for a few days.
8. * REHEATING TIP: After a day or so the croutons will soften. Put them back on the sheet pan and pop them in the oven at 375 degrees for about 5 minutes to crisp them up and make them taste like they did when you first made them.
side dishes March 21, 2021 19:29
No one has liked this recipe.