Ceviche (mexican fish cocktail)
1-1.5lbs fresh Haddock or other whitefish
5-6 medium to large ripe vine tomatoes (diced w/juices)
1 large Onion (diced, rinsed, & drained)
1.5 cups fresh Cilantro (chopped)
16oz jar of Spanish Olives (chopped)
5 Jalapeno or 3 Serrano Chili Peppers (seeded & minced)
1/8 cup Orange Juice (not from concentrate)
2 tsp Salt
1 tbsp Grapeseed Oil
1 ripe Avocado (diced)
Tortilla Chips or Soda Crackers
Prep. Time → 30 min
Cook Time → 13 min
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Line baking sheet with aluminum foil and lightly oil with grapeseed oil.
3. Place haddock on foil and bake in oven for 10-13 minutes or until thickest part of fish flakes easily with fork.
4. Remove from oven and set aside to completely cool to at most, room temperature.
5. In a large mixing bowl, combine tomatoes, onion, cilantro, spanish olives, and chili peppers by stirring well.
6. Add orange juice, lime juice, salt, and grapeseed oil.
7. Flake cooled haddock into bite-sized pieces and add to mixture. Mix well, then taste.
8. Adjust salty/sweet accordingly.
9. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour to allow mixture to steep.
10. Serve with fresh avocado and tortilla chips or soda crackers.
Author Original recipe developed from hybridizing multiple sources.
No one has liked this recipe.