Chai shortbread cookies
1 cup Land O Lakes® Butter, softened
3/4 cup powdered sugar
1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons Land O Lakes® Half & Half or Fat Free Half & Half or milk
1/2 teaspoon instant coffee granules
2 cups powdered sugar
1/4 cup Land O Lakes® Butter, softened
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground cardamon
1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
2 tablespoons powdered sugar
1/2 teaspoon unsweetened cocoa
Prep. Time → 30 min
Cook Time → 11-13 min
1. Heat oven to 325°F. Combine all cookie ingredients except flour in large bowl; beat at medium speed until creamy. Reduce speed to low; add flour. Beat until well mixed.
2. Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Place 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheet. Flatten to 1 1/2-inch diameter with bottom of glass dipped in sugar.
3. Bake for 11 to 13 minutes or until set and cookies are lightly browned around edges. Cool 1 minute on cookie sheet; remove to wire cooling rack. Cool completely.
4. Meanwhile, combine half & half and instant coffee granules in medium bowl; stir until coffee is dissolved. Add all remaining filling ingredients; beat at low speed until moistened. Increase speed to high; beat until smooth and creamy. Spread 1 teaspoon filling onto bottom-side of 1 cookie; top with second cookie, bottom-side down. Repeat with remaining cookies.
5. Combine all topping ingredients in small bowl; sprinkle over tops of sandwich cookies.
No one has liked this recipe.