Chewy gluten-free cookies
¼ cup cornstarch
¼ cup sugar
½ oz. tapioca flour
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon xanthan gum
1 pc. egg yolk
1 pc. whole egg
1 ¼ cup Coco Treasure Organics Coconut Sugar
1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups brown rice flour
2 tablespoons whole milk
8 ounces unsalted butter
12 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
Prep. Time → 25 min
Cook Time → 14 min
1. Place a medium-sized saucepan over low heat. Melt butter. Once it has melted, pour it over a mixing bowl.
2. In a medium-sized bowl, sift the brown rice flour, xanthan gum, baking soda, salt, cornstarch, and tapioca flour. Set aside.
3. In the bowl with butter, add both sugars. Using a mixer, cream together at a medium speed for at least one minute. And then, add the egg yolk and the whole egg. Mix well.
4. Slowly add the flour mixture. Mix well to combine. Add the semisweet chocolate chips. Again, mix.
5. Chill the dough for an hour.
6. Once the dough is firm, prepare the oven and set it to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
7. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Take the dough and shape it into 2-ounce balls. Place them on the sheets, ideally 6 pieces per sheet.
8. Bake the dough for 14 minutes. After which, let the cookies cool on a cooling rack for a minute or two.
10. Recipe Notes: Could this be the best gluten-free cookie recipe? Well, they’re incredibly satisfying, like any cookie should be. What do you think? Let us know by sharing your thoughts in the comment box below.
No one has liked this recipe.