Chicken fettuccine alfredo
Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
Box of Fettuccine
Olive oil, for tossing
1 family pack of boneless, skinless chicken breasts
8 TBSP unsalted butter
2 Cups heavy cream
1 1/2 Cups freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
Prep. Time → 10 min
Cook Time → 20 min
1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil, and salt generously. Add the pasta and cook according to package directions until al dente. Drain and toss with a splash of oil.
2. Meanwhile, slice the chicken into 1/4" thick strips, and lay them on a plate or sheet of waxed paper. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add 2 TBSP of the butter. When the butter melts, raise the heat to medium-high and add the chicken in one layer (don't overlap). Cook, without moving the pieces, until the underside has browned, 2-3 minutes. Flip the pieces, and cook until browned and cooked through, 3 - 4 minutes more. Chicken temp should be 165 degrees. Transfer the chicken to a bowl.
4. Reduce the heat to medium, add the remaining 6 TBSP of butter. Scrape the bottom of the skillet with a wooden spoon to release any browned bits. When the butter has mostly melted, whisk in the cream and bring to a simmer, then cook for 2 minutes. Lower the heat to keep the sauce warm.
5. Whisk the Parmigiano-Reggiano into the sauce. Add the chicken and cooked pasta and toss well. Season with salt & pepper.
main courses May 17, 2021 22:01
No one has liked this recipe.