Chicken tortilla soup recipe
2 Tbsp vegetable oil
1 onion chooped
3 cloves of garlic minced
1 jalapeño: seeded and finely chopped
1 red pepper, seeded and diced
15 oz can of chopped tomatoes and chili
15 oz can of black beans
6 cups chicken stock
1 Tbsp chili powder
2 tsp ground cumin
2 Tbsp tomato paste
1 tsp dried oregano
1 lb boneless chicken theighs
1 juice of lime
1/2 cup chopped cilantro
1 chopped green scallions
2 large tortillas
1. 1. In a big soup pot, preheating over medium high heat, with olive oil;
2. 2.On a plate,with the uncooked boneless chicken teighs, add salt and pepper. Add season side down to hot skillet; cook 2 to 3 mins on each side, till brown color; put on clean plate.
3. 3. Add veggies in pot& garlic. season with salt and pepper; cook 3 to 5 mins till color.
4. 4.Add spices; mix to coat. add tomato paste;
5. 5.Add chicken back in, with chili tomatoes, black beans, chicken stock; bring to a boil over medium heat, for 45 mins.
6. 6.Take out chicken, and put on cutting board, cut chicken in bite size peices, and put back in pot.
7. 7.Put tortiallas in oven 400* on baking rack till toasted.
8. 8.Add cilantro and scallions; juice of 1 lime; put in bowl, and break tortillas, and mix together in soup bowl.
No one has liked this recipe.