Cockroach clusters (harry potter)
1/2 cup (1 stick or 113 grams) unsalted butter or margarine
1 3/4 cups (350 grams) sugar
1/2 cup (125 ml) milk (soy or almond for vegan/dairy free)
1/4 cup (28 grams) cocoa powder
1/2 cup peanut butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups quick oats
3/4 cup mini marshmallows
1/2 cup mini Reese’s Pieces or other candy
1/2 cup pretzel pieces
1. Prepare waxed or parchment paper on a table or countertop.
2. In a medium saucepan set over medium heat, melt the butter.
3. Add the sugar, milk, and cocoa powder and stir to combine. Bring to a boil and cook for a minute to a minute and a half (less than this will result in soft, runny cookies; more will result in dry, crumbly cookies).
4. Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the peanut butter and vanilla. Once the peanut butter is melted and combined, add the oats and mix well. Stir in the candy, pretzels, and marshmallows until evenly distributed.
5. Once combined, drop tablespoonfuls onto waxed or parchment paper and allow to cool for at least an hour.
6. Enjoy with a large glass of milk!