Cocoa brownies with browned butter
nonstick vegetable spray
10 TBS unsalted butter cut into 1 inch pieces
1 1/4 cups sugar
3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp salt
2 large eggs, chilled
1/3 cup plus 1 TBS flour
pinch of mexican cinnamon, optional
1 cup walnut pieces, optional
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2. Line an 8X8X2 inch metal pan with foil, pressing firmly against the pan sides and leaving a 2 inch overhang. Coat foil with non stick spray.
3. Melt butter in saucepan over medium heat until butter stops foaming and browned bits form at the bottom of the pan, stirring often, roughly 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
4. Immediately add sugar, cocoa, 2 tsp water, vanilla and 1/4 tsp salt. Stir to blend. Let cool for 5 minutes.
5. Add eggs to the warm mixture, one at a time, stirring hard. When mixture looks thick and shiny and all things wonderful add the flour and stir until blended.
6. Ready for your workout? Of course! Beat vigorously for 60 strokes. Stir in the cinnamon and nuts, if using.
7. Transfer batter to your prepared pan and bake for 25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out almost clean.
8. Cool in pan on a rack. Using the foil, lift the brownies out of the pan and continue to cool. Cut into 16 squares for smaller brownies, or 12 squares for larger sized.
9. My vote is big.
No one has liked this recipe.