- 6 egg yolks Large
- 60g caster sugar
- 250cl whole milk
- 250cl cream (at least 35% fat)
- 1 vanilla pod
- Cane sugar to burn the cream
Prep. Time → 15 min
Cook Time → 75 min
1. Cut the vanilla pod in half and place in a saucepan with the milk. Let it infuse over a low heat for about 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
2. Mix the egg yolks with the granulated sugar until the sugar is completely dissolved. You do not have to whisk until frothy.
3. Get the vanilla from the milk and scrape the seeds, with the top of a potato peeler, from the pods. Add them to the egg mixture.
4. Pour the cream with the milk and add to the mixture and stir until you obtain a homogeneous mass. Do not continue whisking because you care too much foam and this is not the intention. It is best to just do this by hand and not with an electric whisk.
5. Put 6 terra cotta bowls on a baking sheet, fill them with the cream and let them rest for fifteen minutes.
6. Set the oven at 90 ° C and bake for 60 to 75 minutes. The creme brulee is ready when it is no longer liquid. Shake gently with the baking tray to check.
7. Let cool for half an hour. Put them in the fridge for at least an hour.
8. Sprinkle a layer of cane sugar on the cream and caramelize the sugar with a gas burner. Does it evenly and not too long so that the sugar would not burn
No one has liked this recipe.