Curry spiced shrimp and rice
1 tbsp. olive oil
1 large onion
2 medium carrots
Kosher salt and pepper
2 clove garlic
2 tsp. curry powder
2 bag Success® White or Basmati Rice
1½ lb. large peeled and deveined shrimp
1 c. frozen peas
½ c. fresh cilantro leaves
1. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion, carrots, 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper and cook, covered, stirring occasionally, until tender, 6 to 8 minutes.
2. Add the garlic and curry powder and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
3. Add the rice and 2 1/2 cups water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 15 minutes.
4. Season the shrimp with 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper and nestle them in the partially cooked rice.
5. Scatter the peas over the top, cover, and cook until the shrimp are opaque throughout and the rice is tender, 4 to 5 minutes more. Fold in the cilantro.
Author Charleen Lee from Woman's Day