Deliciously moist victoria sponge
4oz Self-raising Flour
4oz Castor Sugar
2 Large Eggs
Prep. Time → 10 min
Cook Time → 20 min
1. First, sieve the sugar into a bowl and cream with the butter until it appears light an fluffy.
2. Now add the eggs in small ammounts while mixing in between.
3. Sieve in the flour and whisk vigorously for about 5 minutes.
4. Once whisked, seperate the mixture into two 8-inch sandwich tins.
5. Place in the oven at 180°C for approx. 20 minutes or until the top has browned and risen.
6. Leave to cool on a wire rack, then jam the bottom half and apply cream on top.
7. Finally, place the top half on and sieve icing sugar on top. For best flavour, serve cool from the fridge.