Guilt-free almond butter cups
For the Chocolate
¼ cup Coco Treasure Organics Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
½ teaspoon Coco Treasure Organics Coconut Sugar
4 bars unsweetened chocolate
A dash of cinnamon
For the Filling
¼ cup Coco Treasure Organics Extra Virgin Coconut Oil melted
½ teaspoon salt
½ cup raw almond butter
1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
1 scoop protein powder
Prep. Time → 15 min
Cook Time → 10 min
1. Melt coconut oil and the chocolate bars in a saucepan over low heat. Set aside.
2. Add cinnamon, salt, and sugar to the melted chocolate mixture.
3. In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients needed for the filling until a thick pudding texture is achieved. Use a fork if necessary. This would be easier if the coconut oil and the almond butter are at room temperature.
4. Prepare a cupcake tin and put some cupcake liners or just use a silicone muffin cup. Pour chocolate mixture just enough to cover the bottom.
5. Scoop an ample amount of your almond butter filling and place it on top of the chocolate in the cupcake tin.
6. Pour more chocolate mixture to cover.
7. Place in the fridge to set.
9. Recipe Notes: Who knew we can satisfy our sweet tooth on Valentine’s Day without any commercial sugars? Start living a guilt-free life with the recipe above. But if sweets are not your thing, perhaps you can celebrate Valentine’s Day with a special dinner, serving a Totally Gratifying Spicy Coconut Chicken or Coconut Jam Pork Chop on the table.
No one has liked this recipe.