Guinness chocolate cake
INGREDIENTS FOR CAKE
1 Cup and 2 tbsp unsalted butter
1 Cup Guinness
3/4 Cup Dutch process cocoa, sifted
2 1/4 Cups all purpose flour, sifted
2 Teaspoon baking soda
2 Cups sugar
2/3 Cups sour cream
1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
INGREDIENTS FOR FROSTING
1 1/3 Cups cream cheese
1 1/2 Cups powdered sugar, sifted
2/3 Cup cream, whipped
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Add butter, cocoa and Guinness to a saucepan. Warm over a medium heat and stir until melted. Set aside for 5 to 10 minutes to cool slightly.
3. Add flour, baking soda and sugar to a large mixing bowl and mix together well.
4. Pour in the Guinness/cocoa/butter mixture, lightly combine, add the vanilla, eggs and sour cream and beat everything together until well combined. The batter should be thick and dark chocolate in color.
5. Pour into a greased and lined 10″ angel food pan or springform and cook in the oven for 45 minutes to 1 hour, or until a skewer comes out clean from the center of the cake. This cake is very moist inside, so use your judgment regarding the skewer test. Do not leave in the oven until the cake has totally dried out — cook long enough so there is no uncooked cake on the skewer but there may be a few moist crumbs.
desserts, cake February 25, 2016 01:27
No one has liked this recipe.
No comments yet.