1 (.25 ounce) package active dry yeast
1 teaspoon white sugar
1 cup warm water (110 degrees F/45 degrees C)
2 1/2 cups bread flour (regular white flour works as well)
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon salt
1 package of pizza cheese
1 jar of pizza sauce
Prep. Time → 20 min
Cook Time → 15 to 20 min
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
2. In a medium bowl, dissolve yeast and sugar in warm water.
3. Let stand until creamy, about 10 minutes.
4. Stir in flour, salt and oil. Beat until smooth. Let rest for 5 minutes.
5. Cover hands in flour or cornmeal before handling dough.
6. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured or cornmeal-covered surface and pat or roll into a round.
7. Transfer crust to a lightly greased pizza pan or baker's peel dusted with cornmeal.
8. Spread with sauce, cheese and desired toppings.
9. Optional: sprinkle with oregano.
10. Bake in preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes, or until golden brown.
11. Let baked pizza cool for 5 minutes before serving.