Homestyle chocolate chip cookies
1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour (see note below for wheat-free
1 tsp baking powder
1⁄2 tsp baking soda
1⁄4 cup unrefined sugar
1⁄4 tsp sea salt
1⁄3 cup pure maple syrup
1⁄4 tsp blackstrap molasses
1 - 1 1⁄2 tsp pure vanilla extract
1⁄4 cup canola oil
1⁄3 cup non-dairy chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350°F (176°C).
2. In a bowl, sift in the flour, baking powder, and baking soda. Add the sugar and salt, and stir until well combined.
3. In a separate bowl, combine the maple syrup with the molasses and vanilla, then stir in the oil until well combined.
4. Add the wet mixture to the dry, along with the chocolate chips, and stir through until just well combined (do not overmix).
5. Place large spoonfuls of the batter on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and flatten a little.
6. Bake for 11 minutes, until just golden (if you bake for much longer, they will dry out).
7. Let cool on the sheet for no more than 1 minute (again, to prevent drying), then transfer to a cooling rack.
No one has liked this recipe.