Jerk chicken and pineapple foil packs
1 pound boneless chicken thighs or breasts (I use breasts and cut into two or three pieces)
2 tablespoons olive oil
3 tablespoons jerk seasoning
1/2 medium pineapple, cut into triangles
2 tablespoons coconut rum or rum, if desired
Chopped fresh cilantro and lime wedges, as desired
Rice, cooked according to package instructions
Prep. Time → 10 min
Cook Time → 20 min
1. Heat gas or charcoal grill.
2. Place large sheet of heavy-duty foil or double layer of regular foil on work surface. Rub foil with a little olive oil.
3. Place chicken in center of foil. Drizzle with olive oil; sprinkle with jerk seasoning. Scatter pineapple wedges around chicken. Pour rum over chicken and pineapples.
4. Bring short ends of foil together, and fold twice to seal; fold in sides to seal, leaving room for steam.
5. Place packets on grill over medium-high heat. Cover grill 20 to 25 minutes or until juice of chicken is clear when thickest part is cut (at least 165 degrees F), turning chicken once. Cooking time will depend on size of chicken.
6. Remove from grill; unwrap and serve over cooked rice. Top with fresh cilantro and lime wedges.
No one has liked this recipe.