Jerk chicken skewers
For the marinade
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/4 cup pineapple juice
5 cloves garlic, minced
1 tablespoon maple syrup
2 teaspoons lime juice
2 teaspoons soy sauce
1 teaspoon thyme
1 teaspoon coarse sea salt
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1 jalapeno pepper, ribbed and chopped
6 scallions, chopped
Pinch of cinnamon
For the skewers
1 pound chicken thighs or breasts, boneless and skinless, chopped into one-inch pieces
2 cups pineapple, chopped into one-inch pieces
1 red bell pepper, cut into one-inch pieces
1 red onion, cut into one-inch pieces
Fresh cilantro, optional for garnish
Prep. Time → 60 min
Cook Time → 10 min
1. Add the oil, pineapple juice, garlic, maple syrup, lime juice, soy sauce, thyme, salt nutmeg, allspice, ginger, jalapeno, scallions and cinnamon to a food processor or blender and combine on medium speed until no large chunks remain and everything is well blended.
2. Add the chopped chicken pieces to a large bowl and pour half the marinade over the chicken and toss to combine. Reserve the rest of the marinade for grilling. Cover and marinade the chicken in the refrigerator for at least 20 minutes or up to overnight.
3. Once the chicken is done marinating, spray 8 10-inch metal skewers with cooking spray. Next skewer the chicken, bell pepper, onion and pineapple onto each skewer in an alternating fashion.
4. Brush the remaining marinade over the top of the skewers.
5. Spray your cool grill with cooking spray to avoid the chicken from sticking. Next heat the grill to 400 degrees. Once the grill is heated, add the jerk chicken skewers to the grill and cook 5 minutes per side or until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees. Once finished, remove kebobs and serve topped with fresh cilantro.
No one has liked this recipe.