FOR RAGU' (step 1 to 4)
1/2 Clove garlic
350ml Tomato Sauce
25g of Tomato Paste
250g Beef Mince
(OPTIONAL) 1 Sausage or 100g Pork Mince
FOR BECHAMEL (step 5 to 8)
500ml of Milk
50g of Butter
50g of Flour
250g of Egg pasta sheets
Prep. Time → 90 min
Cook Time → 240 min
1. The good quality of lasagna resides in the goodness of its ingredients and its sauces. So let's start by making a good Ragù sauce. Take the Celery, the Carrot, the Onion and the Garlic, wash them, cut and mix all together (with an electronic mixer I suggest). Put the mixed vegetables in a Saucepan with 100ml of Oil, light the stove and start mixing.
2. When all is well mixed (from 5 to 10 minutes), you should add the meat, so the Beef Mince, the Sausage and or the Pork (also minced). Add also five handfuls of salt and two of pepper. Cook it for 15 to 20 minutes, until you see is browning.
3. At this point you can add a bit of red wine and after 5 minutes the Tomato sauce and the Tomato Paste. Add also the water (used to cook the sauce better).
4. Mix all together and cover it, until it starts to boil. At this point you should reduce the flame to minimum and cook for 2 or 3 hours.
5. During that time you could prepare the Bechamel sauce. Be sure to have all the ingredients (butter, flour and milk) and start by putting the butter into a Saucepan (on the fire) and when it is dissolved, add the flour and start mixing.
6. When the butter and flour are mixed, add some milk and continue to mix.
7. You should continue to add milk and mix until you finish the milk. Do not add all the milk in one time, add a bit, mix until the cream is homogeneous and then add some other milk.
8. Once you get a thick cream add the salt (1 handful), the pepper (5 handfuls) and the nutmeg (as much as you like). You should mix until you get the result of the last photo.
9. Now is the time to cook the pasta, so be sure to have the two sauces ready and put some water into a pan. Add 4 or 5 handfuls of salt and a bit of Oil (to make the pasta capture the sauces better). Wait until is boiling, then put the pasta to cook.
10. Cook the pasta for 5 minutes (once the water is starting again to boil after you have added it) and remember to spin it during cooking. Drain it and put it under cold water. Lay the strips of dough on a cloth and take a dish (where is supposed you are going to make the lasagna).
11. Check to have the parmesan, the two sauces in their pans close to the dish and then you can start by putting some ragù as a base into the dish.
12. Put the first layer of the egg pasta to cover all the area of the dish itself. Cut the pasta in smaller pieces if you need to cover on the borders.
13. Now add the bechamel sauce, put it with a spoon and then spread it on all the area of the dish.
14. Do the same for the ragù (on top of the bechamel) and when you have done add some parmesan. Repeat this three steps other 3 times, to have at the end 4 layers, each of them is composed by layers of pasta -> bechamel -> ragù -> parmesan.
15. The lasagna are ready. You could cover them and put in the freeze to eat on another day or put in the oven at 200° C (remember to turn it on earlier, so is hot now) for about 30-35 minutes.