Lemon asparagus pasta with grilled chicken
1 pound of boneless, skinless chicken breasts, grilled and cut into strips
1 pound of asparagus, ends removed, cut into 1 inch pieces
10 ounces of linguine pasta (spaghetti or fettuccine will also work)
1-1/2 cup heavy cream
4 tablespoons of butter
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 tablespoon lemon zest
1 tablespoon lemon juice
⅓ cup finely shredded parmesan cheese
Optional garnishes: Lemon slices and ¼ cup chopped parsley
Prep. Time → 20 min
Cook Time → 20 min
1. Cook the pasta in salted water according to package instructions. Add the asparagus to the pot during the last 3 minutes of cooking time.
2. Reserve ¼ cup of pasta cooking liquid.
3. In small pot, combine the heavy cream, butter and salt and teaspoon pepper over medium-high heat. Bring to a simmer and cook, stirring, until thick enough to coat a spoon, about 4 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the lemon zest and juice.
4. Place the pasta and asparagus back into the pot you cooked it in along with the chicken.
5. Pour the cream sauce over the pasta mixture and toss to coat evenly, adding pasta water if needed to thin the sauce. Stir the parmesan cheese. Alternatively, you can toss just the pasta with the sauce and arrange the chicken and asparagus over the top of the pasta.
6. Add more salt and pepper to taste if needed. Garnish with chopped parsley and lemon slices if desired.
No one has liked this recipe.