Low-cal creamed spinach gnocchi
1 pack of ready made gnocchi (you can make your own - but in my opinion, it isn't really worth it for this recipe)
1 bag of fresh spinach, chopped and steamed / 1/2 a can of prepared spinach / 12 blocks of frozen chopped spinach
2 tbsp of low-fat / light soft cheese
Splash of skimmed milk
1 tsp of reduced-fat green pesto / chopped bunch of basil
Pinch of ground nutmeg
Teaspoon of vegetable bouillon powder
Small pinch of grated parmesan / gran padano
Prep. Time → 5 min
Cook Time → 10 min
1. 1. Put a big pan of water on to boil- you can use this time to defrost frozen spinach if using / grate the cheese etc.
2. 2. Once water is boiling add the bouillon and once it is dissolved, add the gnocchi
3. 3. The gnocchi will need about 8 minutes (check the packet!)
4. 4. Once it is ready (it will float to the top of the pan) you can put it in a colander to sit whilst you whip up the sauce
5. 5. Put the spinach back into the empty hot pan and back on the stove to boil away the extra liquid (needs attention so it doesn't stick)
6. 6. Once it is quite 'dry' and sticking together add all the other ingredients and stir whilst it warms up - its better to avoid it boiling.
7. 7. Tip the gnocchi in to the sauce, stir well and serve with parmesan sprinkled over it!
8. Then scoff the lot!