Low fat summer cheesecake
100g digestive biscuits
40g melted butter
150 - 200g strawberries (or other seasonal soft fruit like peaches, raspberries, blackberries, or frozen forest fruit)
150G extra-light soft cheese
50g icing sugar
zest of a lemon
1tsp vanilla extract
2 sachets of vege-gel
Prep. Time → 20 min
Cook Time → 180 min
1. Crush biscuits in a bowl and mix with melted butter. Press firmly into the base of a 20cm springform tin with a spoon and pop in the fridge.
2. Save 3 strawberries to garnish and blend/mush the rest and set aside.
Whisk the cheese with the quark, zest, vanilla and icing sugar.
3. Check instructions on the packaging of the Vege-gel, make it then beat half into the cheese mix. Spoon 3/4 of the cheese onto the biscuit base.
4. Stir the rest of the Vege-gel into the strawberries and pour the fruit into the remaining cheese mixture. Stir gently for a nice ripple effect.
5. Chill for at least 3 hours. Decorate with remaining strawberries. Eat.
Author Zest Magazine/ Alison Clarkson