Makeover broccoli cheddar brunch bake
6 tablespoons reduced-fat butter, cubed
8 cups chopped fresh broccoli
1 cup finely chopped onion
6 eggs, beaten
1-1/2 cups egg substitute
1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
1 cup fat-free milk
1 cup half-and-half cream
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
Prep. Time → 25 min
Cook Time → 40 min
1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. In a Dutch oven, melt butter. Add broccoli and onion; saute until crisp-tender.
3. In a large bowl, combine the eggs, egg substitute, 1 cup cheese, milk, cream, salt and pepper. Stir in broccoli mixture. Pour into a 3-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
4. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
5. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
6. Nutrition Facts: 178 calories, 12 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 7 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 12 g protein