1 1/2 cup dry quinoa
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
2 unpeeled garlic cloves
1/2 teaspoon dry basil, minced
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed between your fingers
kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
3 cups arugula
1 15-oz can garbanzo beans/chickpeas, drained
1/3 cup roasted red bell pepper, drained and chopped
1/3 cup pitted kalamata olives, sliced
1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
1/4 cup basil, thinly slivered
Cook Time → 20 min
1. Boil 750 ml of water in a pot with 1/2 tsp of salt.
2. Add 1.5 cups (255 g) of quinoa.
3. Stir and cover, reduce the heat to low. Simmer and put on a 20 minute timer.
4. Put the unpeeled garlic cloves in the hot oven.** the original recipe has you use raw garlic, but I find that the flavor is a little too powerful in the finished product. Roasting them in their peels makes the garlic a little sweeter and less pungent.
5. Slice the red pepper and mince the olives, and put them in a big bowl. Add the chickpeas and crumble the feta into it as well.
6. Take out the garlic cloves if they're soft. When they're cool, peel them and put them through a garlic press (or slice them).
7. Mix the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, pressed garlic, basil and thyme, and a bit of salt. Whisk until well combined. Set aside.
8. Cut the basil into thin slivers.
9. Fluff the finished quinoa and add it to the bowl. Add a little bit of the arugula, drizzle with half the oil mix, and toss.
10. Add the rest of the arugula and basil and the rest of the dressing, toss again.
11. Season to taste. Serve at room temperature.
No one has liked this recipe.