Mita's potato and tomato curry/soup (also good for the sick suffering from various illnesses)
2 big potatoes (somewhat 300 g)
2 medium-sized chopped tomatoes (approx. 75 g)
1 tablespoon of oil
1 & a half table-spoon of roasted cumin seeds powder
2 pinches of turmeric powder
three-fourth cup of coriander leaves
Half tablespoon of sugar
salt to taste
(Water about 500 ml of it)
Prep. Time → 5-10 min
Cook Time → 15 min
1. 1. Wash & peel the potato , cut it into small cubes about a quarter of a inch in size , then boil the potatoes in 500 ml of water ( it'll be preferred to use a pressure cooker , in it 1 whistle is perfect.)
2. 2. Add turmeric powder and salt to taste.
3. 3. Take a frying pan and pour 1 tablespoon of oil and let it heat.
4. 4. After that caramelize sugar in the frying pan.
5. 5. Pour the chopped tomatoes in low flames (in the stove).
6. 6. Add the chilli and roasted cumin seeds powder to the frying pan.
7. 7. Add this mixture to the place where you were cooking the potatoes (they should still be cooking). IF YOU NEED then you can add water.
8. 8. Continue cooking for 5 minutes in high flames (or when you think that the potatoes are crushable with little force , you can stop)
9. 9. After this is over add chopped coriander for garnishing.
10. 10. SERVE HOT. THIS SIMPLE RECIPE HAS SOME POTENTIAL!
TRY NOW! YOU CAN EAT THIS WITH BREAD OR RICE OR CHAPATIS OR PARATHAS OR JUST EAT IT LIKE THIS
12. Don't burn the sugar or the tomatoes .
starters, appetizers, best, coriander, easy, fast, good, healthy, main course, perfect, potatoes, quick, refreshing, salt, simple, starters, sugar, tasty, tomatoes, supper, sick, brilliant, beginners, antiseptic July 07, 2013 16:35
No one has liked this recipe.