150g Chestnut Mushrooms
2 cloves Garlic
1 tbsp spoon Oil (school will provide)
250g Risotto Rice (Arborio)
1 Stock Cube
1-1.5 litres Water, boiling
Prep. Time → 35-40 min
Cook Time → 20-25 min
1. Prepare the vegetables - peel and finely chop the onion, slice the mushrooms then peel and crush the garlic.
2. Place 1 tbsp oil into a large saucepan and heat gently.
3. Add the onion and garlic to the oil and fry until softened.
4. Add the mushrooms, and fry for another 2 minutes.
5. Stir in the rice
6. Mix the stock powder with the boiling water
7. Add a little of the stock to the rice - a little at a time. Wait for the stock to be absorbed, stirring constantly.
8. Continue adding the stock until the rice cooks – this will take 20-25 minutes. The rice should be soft, but still retain a nutty bite.
Author School Recipes
No one has liked this recipe.