oats and jam bars recipe
3/4 cup unsalted butter at room temp.
1/4 cup cream cheese at room temp.
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup quick uncooked oats
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 zest of 1/2 orange
3/4 cup jam jelly
1 juice of an orange
Prep. Time → 10 min
Cook Time → 40 min
1. 1. Preheat oven to 350*.
2. 2.In a rectangle baking dish, put parchment paper and spray with non-stick spray.
3. 3.In a bowl, add cream cheese, unsalted butter, and brown sugar. Mix together:
4. 4.Add orange zest and vanilla extract: mix.
5. 5.In a another bowl, add dry Ingredients in there and mix together.
6. 6.Add dry Ingredients to 1st bowl: mix.
7. 7. Put in dough in bowl. Take half the dough, and put in small bowl for later.
8. 8.Take remaining dough, and put in parchment paper baking dish: Spead evenly flat.(Dip hands in flour if dough is sticky)
9. 9.Put in oven for 15 mins, till light golden brown. (base)
10. 10. In bowl with jam, put juice of orange in it.
11. 11.Mix together :)
12. 12.Spread Jam mixture on the light brown base bar in pan, evenly :)
13. 13.Take the other batter dough, and put dallops all over on top of jelly~
14. 14.Put back in oven at 350* for 15 to 10 mins, till top is golden :) Cut into bars
desserts October 21, 2016 16:26