original chili recipe
1/2 lb fresh ground beef
1 large onion, diced
1 red bell pepper diced,
1 jalapeño: seeded and finely chopped
3 clove of garlic, minced
2 Tbsp chili powder
2 tsp ground cumin
1 1/2 Tbsp brown sugar
2 Tbsp tomato paste
1 tsp dried oregano
3/4 cup red wine
3/4 cup beef stock
1 28oz can of chopped tomatoes, not drained
1 15oz can of red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 salt and pepper
1. *Serve over rice, corn bread, sharp chedder cheese over it, or with toritalla chips*
2. 1. In a big soup pot with medium high heat, with 2Tbsp extra virgin olive oil, add meat. Use wooden spoon to break apart.
3. 2. Let cook 3 quarts of the way threw: Add chopped veggies in pot. Add salt and pepper. stir. Let cook 8 to 10 mins, till veggies cook down.
4. 3. Add brown sugar, spices, and tomato paste. stir.
5. 4. Add red wine, stir. cook for a min.
6. 5. Add beef stock, chrushed tomatoes, beans, stir. Bring to a boil, and put on medium-low. Let cook uncovered for 2 hours
No one has liked this recipe.