Paleo protein bars
1 Cup Mixed Nuts & Seeds (i.e. linseed, sesame, pumpkin seed, slivered almonds, sunflower seeds)
1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
1/4 cup crunchy almond butter (or other nut butter)
1/4 cup coconut oil
1/4 cup almond meal
1 to 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp honey (optional)
3/4 cup protein powder
1 large egg
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/2 cup dried goji berries
1/4 cup unsweetened coconut to sprinkle on top
1. On a cookie sheet, toast nuts and seeds and shredded coconut until golden brown. Shake up the tray at least once during baking in order for even baking.
2. Once toasted, pour mixture into a food processor and pulse until nuts & seeds are chopped and the micture becomes coarsely ground (i.e. bread crumb consistency).
3. In a mixing bowl, melt coconut oil and almond butter. Stir until smooth.
4. Add vanilla extract, honey, and sea salt. Mix thoroughly.
5. Fold in nut mixture, almond meal, and protein powder until mixed thoroughly.
6. Add whole egg and mix thoroughly.
7. Fold in goji berries.
8. Press mixture into an 8x8 pan.
9. Bake at 325 for 10 minutes.
10. Remove from oven, sprinkle 1/4 cup shredded coconut on top and place under broiler until top begins to brown.
11. Let cool for 10-15 minutes. Cut into 12 pieces/bars. Enjoy or stack on wax paper/parchment and store in an airtight container.