Pasta with cauliflower recipe
1 whole head of cauliflower, cut into florets
3 cloves of garlic minced
3 Tbsp olive oil
1 pinch of hot pepper flakes
2 cups chicken stock
2 Tbsp fresh chopped parsley
1 cup fresh grated parm
12 oz short rigatoni pasta
2 Tbsp unsalted butter
1 salt and pepper
(for the breadcumb topping:)
1 cup bread crumbs
1 Tbsp fresh chopped parsley
2 Tbsp olive oil
1/2 tsp fresh lemon zest
Prep. Time → 10 min
Cook Time → 30 min
1. 1. In a big pot, add water: Generally sprinkle of salt, bring to a boil: *save some cooking water for later*
2. 2.In a skillet with olive oil pre-heating, add garlic; let sizzle to golden brown;
3. 3.Add hot pepper flakes; let sizzle 30 seconds more.
4. 4.Add cauliflower; season with salt and pepper; let cook 7 to 8 mins.
5. 5.Add chicken stock; let cook 15 mins, or until califlower is super tender; during the 10 mins, add pasta to water.
6. 6. Durning 15 mins, add splash of cooking water in skillet; add butter, and drained pasta. cook together 2 mins.
7. 7.Add fresh grated parm:
8. 8. Add parsley: put in large bowl when done.
9. 9. (for the breadcrumb topping:)
10. 10. In a skillet, put on stove: add olive oil: let it got hot.
11. 11.In a bowl, add breadcrumbs:
12. 12. Add fresh breadcrumbs to skillet, and parsley. Add in lemon zest: stir till toasted. Sprinkle on top of califlower.
No one has liked this recipe.