Peach hand pies recipe
(For the crust:)
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
12 Tbsp COLD unsalted butter: cut into tiny peices
4 Tbsp cold vegetable shortening, cut into cubes
1/2 cup cream cheese cut into small peices, and very cold
1 Tbsp lemon juice
5 Tbsp ice water
1 pinch of salt
(for the filling:)
2 lbs fresh peaches, peeled and chopped into 1/2'' peices
1/4 cup peach jam
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/8 tsp salt
(for the topping:)
1 egg wash: (one egg beaten with a touch of water)
1 raw sugar
Prep. Time → 30 min
Cook Time → 30 min
1. * Put cream cheese, butter, and shortening in freezer for a half- hour*
2. 1. In a food processer, add flour and salt. Then add cream cheese. Pluse.
3. 2.Then add butter and vegetable shortening; pluse.
4. 3.While plusing, add a TBSP of water at a time.
5. 4.take dough on board, knead together. Divide into (2) peices. Wrap each peice with plastic wrap, form into a ball. Put in fridge for an hour. When hours done, take dough out, and leave at room temp for 5 mins.
6. 5.In the bowl with the cut peaches, add the peach Jam. Flour and sugar; vanilla extract. Toss together.
7. 6.Preheat oven to 375*. Get a baking sheet with parchment paper.
8. 7.Flour board; put on dough on table. take rolling pin, and roll out. Take a pastry brush, take some lemon juice, and brush on top. Then fold it over and roll it out.
9. 8.Take biscuit cutter, and cut out shapes. Take some of the peach filling, put it in middle, then take egg wash
and brush around the edges. then fold them over, and press down to seal.
10. 9.Take a fork, dip it in four, press down to seal the edges. Put on baking sheet; Take knfe and slit, the middle. brush tops with egg wash, and sprinkle tops with raw sugar.
11. 10.Put in oven, 375* till 25 mins golden brown. let cool comeptely
No one has liked this recipe.