Pineapple tofu lettuce wraps
2 tsp Toasted Sesame Oil
1 tbsp Grapeseed Oil
1/2 15 oz pkg extra firm Tofu -petite diced
3/4 cup Pineapple -petite diced
1/2 medium Onion -minced
1 large Carrot -petite diced
2 cloves Garlic -minced
3-4 red Thai Chilies -seeded & minced
1/2 Bell Pepper -petite diced
1 1/2 tsp ground Ginger or 1 segment fresh -minced
2 tbsp Golden Mountain Sauce or Soy
1/4 cup Hoisin Sauce
1/2 cup roasted Peanuts -chopped/crushed
3 or 4 sprigs Cilantro -minced
1 tbsp fresh Lime Juice (or 1/2 lime -squeezed)
1 tsp fresh ground Pepper
1 head Iceberg Lettuce
Prep. Time → 25 min
Cook Time → 15 min
1. Over medium-high heat saute tofu, onion, carrot, garlic, pepper, and thai chilies, in grapeseed oil for 3-5 minutes until onions become slightly glassy.
2. Add sesame oil, ginger, golden mountain sauce, hoisin, and bell pepper. Mix well.
3. Add peanuts, cilantro, and pineapple. Mix well and cook over medium heat for 4-5 minutes.
4. Add lime juice, and mix well. Remove from heat.
5. Serve accompanied by fresh lettuce leaves*.
Author Original recipe developed from hybridizing multiple sources.
No one has liked this recipe.