Pork cutlets with breadcrumbs
4 pork medallions or 0.4 kg pork tenderloin fillet
2 slices of cheddar cheese
2 slices of wafer thin ham
50g plain flour
sunflower oil (2-3 spoons)
a knob of butter
Prep. Time → 20 min
Cook Time → 10 min
1. Tenderise the medallions until they are around 3-4mm thick. If you are using fresh pork fillet you will need to prepare the meat first by cutting off the big white fatty bits. Once the pork fillet is ready cut into four quite thick chunks.
2. Put a slice of cheddar and a slice of wafer thin ham on two cutlets and cover each cutlet with topping with a plain one. Make sure that you squeeze the edges so that the cheese won't pour out when cooking.Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
3. Beat the eggs in a bowl. Prepare flour and breadcrumbs in two separate dishes. Coat the cutlets in flour first, then dip in the egg and finally cover in breadcrumbs.
4. The cutlets are now ready to be pan fried. Make sure that the oil and the butter in the pan are very hot to start then you can reduce the heat to ensure that the meat is cooked through. Fry on each side for about 3-5 min or until they are golden brown.
5. Serve with a wedge of lemon. Boulangere or new potatoes go well with the cutlets.
Author inspired by my mum !
No one has liked this recipe.