1 medium onion or leek, finely chopped
3 stalks celery, finely chopped
3 medium-sized potatoes peeled and diced
Cup of milk
2 oz/50 g butter (1/2 stick)
A further one or two tablespoons of butter
Salt and pepper
Fresh parsley (or chives or dill) for garnish
1. Chop the vegetables into roughly even sized pieces.
2. Melt the butter and sauté the onion until they are yellow and soft.
3. Add the other vegetables and continue sautéing with the lid on, over a low heat, for 5-10 minutes.
4. Add 3 cups water or stock and season with salt and pepper and add the bay leaf.
5. Cook until the vegetables are tender. When vegetables are ready, remove the bay leaf and add 1 cup of milk and 1-2 tablespoons butter.
6. Reheat (but don’t boil). Once the soup is on the soup plate, garnish with parsley (or chives or dill). Serve with crusty bread and butter.
No one has liked this recipe.