Pumpkin crumble cake
3/4 cup butter melted (allow it to cool several minutes after melting, you do not want it to be too hot or it will melt your sugars)
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar tightly packed
2 large eggs lightly beaten (room temperature preferred)
1 cup pumpkin puree not pumpkin pie filling
1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 Tablespoons sour cream
1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons pumpkin spice
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup all-purpose flour
3/4 cup brown sugar tightly packed
2 Tablespoons granulated sugar
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
6 Tablespoons salted butter melted
1/2 cup powdered sugar
2-3 teaspoons milk
Prep. Time → 15 min
Cook Time → 30 min
1. Preheat oven to 350F and line a 9x9 baking pan with parchment paper or lightly greased aluminum foil.
2. Combine melted butter and sugars in a large bowl and stir until well-combined
3. Add eggs, stir well
4. Stir in pumpkin puree and vanilla extract until well combined.
5. Add sour cream and stir until combined. Be sure to scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl to ensure that all ingredients are well combined.
6. In a separate, medium-sized bowl, whisk together flour, pumpkin spice, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
7. Using a spatula, gradually add dry ingredients and wet and stir until just combined -- do not over-mix!
8. Spread batter evenly into prepared 9x9 pan.
9. Streusel Topping:
Prepare the crumble by whisking together flour, sugars and cinnamon.
10. Pour the melted butter into the mixture and, using a fork, stir until crumbles form.
11. Evenly sprinkle streusel topping over the top of your pumpkin batter.
12. Transfer pan to oven and bake on 350F for 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
13. Allow to cool before adding glaze.
If desired, make glaze by whisking together powdered sugar and milk. Start with 2 teaspoons of milk and add a third if it isn't thin enough to drizzle.
15. Drizzle over cooled pumpkin crumb cake.
16. Cut and serve. Enjoy!
desserts October 19, 2020 00:05
No one has liked this recipe.