red velvet cake recipe
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 cup coca powder
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup unsalted butter at room temp.
1/4 cup vegetable oil
2 tsp white distilled vinegar
1 cup buttermilk
1 red food coloring
2 tsp vanilla extract
(for the frosting:)
4 cups powdered sugar
8 oz cream cheese at room temp.
4 Tbsp unsalted butter at room temp.
2 Tbsp milk
1 Tbsp vanilla extract
Prep. Time → 20 min
Cook Time → 30 min
1. 1. Preheat your oven to 350* Grease (2) 9'' cake pans, and line them with parchment paper, and set aside.
2. 2.In a standing mixer, cream together the butter and vegetable oil, sugar.
3. 3.Add eggs, and vanilla extract; mix.
4. 4.In the bowl with the dry ingredients, put in sifter.
5. 5.In a large measuring cup, add buttermilk, and white vinegar, and red food coloring; mix together.
6. 6.Add dry ingredients to standing mixer, along with red food coloring mixture. Mix to combine.
7. 7. Divide batter with (2) cake pans. Spread to make even. Put in oven 350*, for 30 mins; let cool completely.
8. 8. (for frosting)
9. 1. In standing mixer, add butter& cream cheese, and vanilla extract. Mix.
10. 2.Add powdered sugar. mix while adding milk.
11. 3.On a cake stand, add parchment paper on all sides; put one cake on stand. Take some of froasting, and spread in middle.
12. 4.Take second cake on top, and take frosting and frost top and sides of cake.
13. 5. Put in fridge for 10 mins for icing to set.
No one has liked this recipe.