Refried bean quesadilla
1 can of Refried Beans, fat-free. (Whole Food's 365 Everyday Value is my favorite brand.)
8 Whole Wheat Tortillas.
Nutritional Yeast or Low-Fat Cheese.
Teaspoon of diced Onion.
Teaspoon of diced Green Bell Peppers.
Teaspoon of diced Red Bell Peppers.
Some Corn (optional).
Some Tomato, diced (optional).
1. Take a teaspoon of diced Onions, teaspoon of diced Green Pepper, and a teaspoon of diced Red Pepper. Place it all into a tall pot (I use a pressure cooker pot) with a small amount of Vegetable Broth; enough to cover the bottom of the pot. Cook until the onions become more transparent.
2. Take one Tortilla and spread some of the canned Refried Beans over it, staying half an inch from the edge.
3. Sprinkle some of the Onion and Bell Peppers over the Refried Beans. Now would be a good time to add other ingredients such as Corn or diced Tomatoes.
4. Top if off with Nutritional Yeast or Cheese.
5. Then place another Tortilla over the first one.
6. Bake the Refried Bean Quesadilla in a toaster oven until the Cheese melts and the Tortilla turns a golden color.
7. Repeat steps 2-6 for the next 3 Quesadillas.
No one has liked this recipe.