Risotto with asparagus and pancetta
Bunch of Asparagus spears
2 Celery chopped
1 Onion chopped
Glass of white wine
500ml Vegetable Stock
Prep. Time → 10 min
Cook Time → 30 min
1. Take the Asparagus and dice into 1cm discs till the tips, put the tips to one side.
2. Heat up some olive oil and a little butter and add the garlic, onion, chilli, asparagus discs, pancetta and celery and sauté on a medium heat till the vegetables are very nice and soft.
I like to do this for at least ten minutes, add the rice and raise the heat and continue to stir till the rice for a couple of minutes to just becoming translucent.
3. Add the glass of wine and cook till all the wine is evaporated.
4. Add a ladle of the Stock at a time on a medium heat and keep stirring continuously till the risotto is al dente, this should take about 20 minutes.
In the last five minutes add the spear tips so that they will heat through but retain their bite.
5. Once the rice is cooked, remove from the heat, add tablespoon of butter and the parmesan cheese and mix into the rice and cover and let stand for about 5 minutes.
No one has liked this recipe.