Simple chocolate cake
6oz Caster Sugar
5oz Self Raising Flour
1 tsp vanilla essence
Prep. Time → 20 min
Cook Time → 20 min
1. Oven gas mark 4, 180°C
2. Cream the Clover and sugar together until light and creamy and white in colour.
3. Add each egg, one at a time with a little flour, then add the vanilla essence, whisk until fully mixed.
4. Fold in the remaining sifted flour and sifted cocoa.
5. To get the right consistancy, the mixture should drop off the spoon in about 3 seconds, if it doesn't just add a tbsp of water one at a time and fold in until you reach it.
6. Spoon the mixture in to the two greased tins and bake in the middle of the oven for 20 minutes or until they start to come away from the sides and become springy to touch. Leave to cool.
7. Sandwich with Buttercream Icing. Usually 7oz Icing Sugar, 1oz Cocoa and 4 oz Clover mixed with a little milk, is sufficiant to sandwich and cover the top of your cake.