Slow cooker lamb and mushroom barley risotto
450 g leg of lamb (boneless)
1/4 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper
1 onion, diced
280 g portobello mushrooms, sliced
4 cloves of garlic
1 Tbsp rosemary
1 cup pearl barley
3 cups chicken broth
1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
1/4 cup parmesan, grated
2 tsp lemon zest
1 packet baby arugula or spinach
1. Season lamb with salt and pepper. Brown in pan for 1-2 min per side. Transfer to slow cooker.
2. Add onion, mushroom and garlic to pan and saute for ~ 5 min. Stir in 1 Tbsp rosemary and cook for another minute. Add to slow cooker.
3. Add (uncooked) pearl barley and chicken stock to slow cooker, cover and cook for approx. 3 h on high.
4. When risotto is ready, bring vinegar to a boil in a sauce pan and boil for about 5 min until reduced by 2/3. Set aside until ready to serve.
5. Stir parmesan through risotto. Then stir through arugula/spinach until just wilted.
6. Spoon risotto onto dishes and drizzle with balsamic reduction.
No one has liked this recipe.