Stir fried chicken with basil and chilli
6 garlic cloves
2 large red chilli
1/2 teaspoon of sea salt
3 tablespoons of vegetable oil
600g skinless chicken breasts, sliced on the diagonal
400g of either snake or green beans cut into 3cm lengths on the diagonal
3 tablespoons of fish sauce
2 tablespoons dark soy sauce
1 1/2 tablespoons of sugar
3 large chillis extra, cut lengthways with seeds removed
30g (1 cup) Asian basil leaves, or regular basil
Steamed rice to serve
Prep. Time → 20 min
Cook Time → 15 min
1. Roughly chop the garlic and chilli then place in mortar and pestle with the sea salt and pound into a paste (if you don't have a mortar and pestle, place the garlic and chilli on a chopping board, sprinkle with salt and finely mince with a knife, using the side to make a paste).
2. Place a wok or a large non-stick frying pan over a high heat for one minute, heat oil and add the chilli paste.
3. Stir-fry for 15 seconds until lightly golden then add the chicken and beans.
4. Cook, stirring for about 5 minutes then add the fish sauce, soy sauce, sugar and chilli and stir-fry for 30 seconds longer.
5. Remove from the heat and stir through the basil.
Author Bill Granger
No one has liked this recipe.