Student grub: tuna and pasta bake
2 Tins of Tuna, 400g dried Fussilli Pasta, 1 chopped Onion, 1 Chopped Red Pepper, 6 Chopped Mushrooms, as much Mature Cheddar Cheese as you like (or use extra mature cheddar for more flavour) 2-3 slices of White Bread, 1 tbsp Olive Oil, fresh Parsley
Prep. Time → 5 min
Cook Time → 25 min
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees c.
2. Cook the pasta according to instructions. Meanwhile fry the onions, mushrooms and pepper in the oil until the onions are going slightly brown. Take off heat.
3. When the pasta is cooked, drain and leave in saucepan then add the Tuna, onions, peppers, mushrooms and a bit of parsley for flavour.
4. Pour the pasta into a large heatproof dish and grate cheese over the top to cover. Make breadcrumbs out of the bread simply by pulling off grape-sized amounts of bread and placing on top until you can no longer see the cheese. Pour a little olive oil over the top and place into an oven for around 10 minutes or until golden brown.
5. Serve with parsley sprinkled over the top and a green salad on the side.
main courses November 12, 2011 17:00